Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Events I've Done - "Showtime at the Apollo"

In addition to creating jewelry, I've created party favors for most of the parties that I've hosted in addition to some that I've coordinated.  For as long as I've been creating favors and keepsakes, I've never had a "process" or a "method" in creating them.  Sometimes the inspiration comes from the color theme or the type of the event. 

One of my favorite events was a 60th Birthday and Retirement Celebration I designed, coordinated and managed in New York.  The theme was "Showtime at the Apollo" and the colors were ivory, gold and black.  The inspiration came from the birthhay girl spending much of her teenage years at the Apollo watching the great performers of the 60's like The Supremes, James Brown, The Temptations and the Gladys Knight and Pips.  What better way to celebrate her love of music than to recreate the atomsphere of the legendary Apollo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment