Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's Not A Fluke...

After being very disappointed by my weight gain during my birthday and the holiday, I stepped on the scale today at Weight Watchers and was very happy.  I lost what I gained and even though I'm basically broke even, I know what I did right in order to lose weight this week.

One of the things I did right, at the urging of a very good girlfriend, was purchase a FitBit (www.fitbit.com).  This little gizmo is about the size of a bluetooth earpiece and fits comfortably on the strap of my bra (and it stays there all day until I go to bed).


It tracks how many steps I've taken in a day and converts it to miles.  It also tracks how many flights of stairs I've climbed and what my activity level was throughout the day.  I've found myself checking the number of steps I've taken during the day and doing whatever it takes to get to the magic number of 10,000 steps.  It even tells you, based on your height and weight, how many calories you burn a day before you eat a thing.  This is an awesome device that helps you realize how much you are moving and how active you are.  You may not think that you are being very active by running around and playing with your kids, but if you check your activity levels throughout the day, you can jump from lightly active to very active while dancing around to the opening song to Yo Gabba Gabba.


If you thought all of that was cool, place it in a wristband and it also tracks how you sleep.  Yeah, you read right...how you sleep.  Did you know that how you sleep has a direct effect on your weight loss?  I found that out a month or two ago and makes perfect sense to me.  FitBit tracks what time you go to bed, how long it takes you to go to sleep and how many times you were awakened during the night.  What a HUGE revelation!  The nights that I fall asleep in 5 minutes and awakened once or twice resulted in mornings that I bounced out of bed, bright eyed and bushy-tailed. 


Okay, enough of me sounding like a commercial, I just get passionate about things that I love and I love FitBit.  You don't have to take just my word for it, check out the reviews on the FitBit website.



Always Ayanna


No comments:

Post a Comment