Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Making myself a priority



When I started my weight loss journey, I was so focused.  Tracking everything I ate, making sure I drank enough water and exercising.  Fast forward 11 weeks and I have only lost a total of 3.8 lbs.  I have a great week, a horrible week followed by a worst week.  I get refocused, re-energized, follow the program and drop weight without a lot of effort.  I've come to the realization that I'm an emotional eater and I do not put myself first.  I resolve to do the following this coming week:

  • Track my food and be honest about my points.  That coffee that I drink in the morning is probably closer to 5 points than it is 3.
  • Drink more water.  Lots more water.
  • Eat more fruit.  They are 0 points.  Seriously, I can get full and still have points leftover for a snack.  That's truly a no-brainer.
  • Exercise and give my Fitbit what it wants....10,000 steps, 10 flights of stairs, 1000 activity points and 5 miles a day.  However I can get the stats, I'm getting them.  Wii Just Dance, walk during lunch or hit the treadmill.  Come hell or high water, I'm going to give it what it wants.
I can prepare for the week ahead, but won't pack my breakfast and lunch.  Seriously?  This week, I will make myself a priority.

I think I'm going to start posting my weight next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment