Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Your mind is the enemy of your creativity." I went to a professional training seminar yesterday and this has really stayed with me. The facilitator used me as an example because I raised my hand when she asked who thought they were creative. Here's the thing, I don't think it, I know it. It's such a part of who I am I put it on my license plate. The facilitator went on to say that while creativity comes from the heart, logic comes from the mind and therefore there will always be conflict between the two. This resonated with me. When I am in my creative element, time doesn't matter. Then my mind will notice the time and the conversation goes like this:

Mind: Heifer, it's 3AM!!! You have to go to work in a few hours!!!
Heart: Aww, come on. It's almost finished.
Mind: Who cares! Go to bed.

Too often I let my mind win and my heart is saddened because it knows it may be awhile before I make the time to finish what I started. I say all of this to ask are you listening to your heart when she wants to create? Whether you scrapbook, sew, crochet, paint, write...have you made the time to create a physical representation of your God-given gift lately? I don't know about you, but I will be listening more often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment