Do you remember the childhood game "Candyland"? A game board covered with bright colors and candy. No wonder it's a favorite game of pre -schoolers. My twin nieces will be turning 16 this year and thought about having a "Candyland" theme party (of course they have changed their mind already) but I searched for the possibilities for desserts anyway! Who knows, they may changes their minds again...back to "Candyland".Photo & Recipe from Party Ideas GaloreEasy Candy Cake Instructions
- Mix 2 boxes of cake mix or double your favorite cake recipe. Funfetti was used for this recipe.
- Put in two 8 inch and one 6 inch pans.
- Bake the cakes and cool.
- Place one 8 inch cake on your cake plate.
- Ice the top of the cake.
- Place the other 8 inch cake on top of that. Use skewers to hold the cakes together.
- Ice the two layers and add the last layer.
- Cut ice cream cones in half. Use 8 big one and 8 child sized ones.
- Place cones on cake and fill in the "ice cream" with butter frosting and a number 32 star tip.
- Put a skewer in the top layer to hold the small cone on top.
- Place one on it's side with "ice cream" coming out.
- Add any candy you desire like gumballs, Twizzlers, gumdrops, and suckers.
A little more sophisicated for my nieces from http://www.pinkcakebox.com/.
And to make it easy on the chaperones...self serve, individually wrapped cupcakes!
Found at http://www.cakecentral.com/