Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Decisions, decisions

I haven't posted since October and instead of giving a bunch of excuses I'll sum it up by saying I've been busy.  Busy working full-time, busy being a mom, busy being a wife, busy being a friend, busy trying to figure out if I'm happy doing what I'm doing or if I need to do more or maybe even less.  I look at some people and I have to ask myself, "How the hell do they do it?"  I mean seriously.  How do they manage to have a successful business of their own, have multiple kids (more than 2), a husband, appear to manage old friendship and create new ones all while seeming to appear completely unflappable like it's so easy to do. 


Obviously I'm missing something.  Maybe it's not meant for me to have my own business but at some point I thought it was a very good idea.  Maybe I shouldn't pursue my graduate degree but at some point that was all I could think about.  I know for a fact that I need to lose 50 pounds and that will not go away no matter how much I try to ignore that spanx are a permanent part of my wardrobe.  Instead of being so scattered, trying to accomplish everything, I should focus on one or two things. I just need to decide where my focus should be.  Not to make anyone else happy or impress anyone but to make me happy.  Wow, wouldn't that be a novel idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment